PROMOTION AND ENHANCEMENT PROJECT OF THE BALDENSE AREA
Development of sustainable tourism on Monte Baldo: SPORTS TOURISM
The Mountain Union of Baldo Garda (Unione Montana del Baldo-Garda) thanks to public aid pursuant to EU Reg. No. 1305/2013 has implemented interventions to enhance the Baldo-Garda area by exploiting existing routes and itineraries that are interconnected by bringing rural and mountain areas closer to an area with a more markedly tourist vocation such as Lake Garda. The use of digital communication tools facilitate the knowledge of the rural areas of Baldo-Garda that can meet the needs of citizens looking for recreational paths linked to the practice of various sports and outdoor activities, such as, for example, trekking, Nordic walking, climbing, paragliding, cycling / cycling and horse riding, providing them with the opportunity to live an authentic experience and explore the area in an eco-sustainable way.
The interventions carried out within this project are:
- creation, in the inhabited centers concerned, of information hot-spots which, thanks to connectivity, become “supply points” for any information desired by the user who can move independently through their mobile devices; preparation and installation of gatepoints at the beginning of the main routes with useful information for hikers;
- installation and connection to the network of 4 weather stations equipped with webcams to provide real-time information on weather conditions, with the possibility of managing any weather alerts;
- installation of people counters in strategic places, in order to monitor flows and be able to have elements to activate more calibrated and effective tourist-type planning;
- detection of the paths identified as part of the Key Project 04 “Development of sustainable tourism on Monte Baldo: sports tourism” relating to call 7.5.1 “Infrastructures and information for the development of sustainable tourism in rural areas” and preparation of the georeferenced digital format , with the possibility of uploading and offline use of the map (through the free Avenza map application) for the development of sports tourism on Monte Baldo;
- production and printing of 10,000 copies of a 1: 25,000 scale hiking map of the network of routes identified as part of the Project to promote the dissemination and free circulation of geographical information on the trails;
- creation of an emotional video, video spot and photographs of the territory to communicate the distinctive elements of the offer of the Baldo Garda area in terms of locations, environments and atmospheres connected to it, as well as the peculiarity of the territory, from the lake to the mountain, which allows the practice of many sports accessible to people with different levels of preparation;
- creation of a website and a mobile app, which represents the synthesis of the interventions carried out within the project, carries out the information activity and in a synergistic way enhances the interventions performed by inserting them within a much wider offer of routes and sporting activities already registered in the Baldo-Garda area.
The goal of this website is to promote the combination of tourism and sport aimed at contributing to the pursuit of sustainable local development in rural areas.
Initiative funded by the Rural Development Program for Veneto 2014-2020
Management Authority: Veneto Region EAFRD and Forestry AdG Directorate